I know I said I was going to write about my whole weekend in Boston, but there's no way I could forget anything that happened that weekend - the good or the bad.
I got to see Greg again. We met first the week before President's Ball, in December, when he came down from Boston to visit. He is funny and nice and absolutely sardonic but not bigoted
I loved being able to spend more time with my teammates and learn more about all of them. It was great to tour the city, and even the 20-hour bus ride we had to take in lieu of a return flight was an interesting experience.
Not everything was good, though. The first night Chris went off on me and called me a f***ing bitch/heartless whore, then screamed at me in the middle of the hallway at 1:30 in the morning, in front of the HNMUN staff and other people. It was embarrassing because of what he was saying, but nobody was really paying attention to that. He pissed off my friends, and he scared them. That crossed the line.
That brings us to Spring Break. Of course I had to come home, because that's where I live...and I had to deal with Chris again. Ugh, this is even too much to go through again. Let's just say that I'll never be able to rationalize having dated him. And I certainly hope that I can get him out of my life sooner rather than later...and make better relationship decisions in the future.
The biggest transition in my life is my faith. I've been studying Judaism for a short time now, and the other day while I was reading it clicked with me like it had only started to before. So, within a year's time I'll be facing the bet din, and joining the Jewish community! I couldn't be happier; the next year will be filled with new traditions, more study, and coming closer to God and myself in a way I hadn't thought possible.
Tomorrow I'll leave for Cincinnati, to have St. Patrick's Day with Kenzie, who I swear is my long-lost twin. After that, break will be over, and it's back to the grindstone.
I can't wait.


No comments:
Post a Comment