Wednesday, October 18, 2006

because i can

It isn't as if I needed another blog.

But the others are coming down.

There are enough random passersby reading about the deepest details about my life that I don't need to disclose the dirty secrets to the people most closely involved.

There are pieces missing...pieces that go back to diaries and other blogs, things that I don't feel like splicing together. I've done my best. Maybe one day I'll write my memoir so the whole world can get a taste of the failed sociological experiment that is my formative life.

But I'm happy now...let them have their speculation.

Jonathan is a nice guy, just a message to anybody who happens to meet him. He's mired in sadness, though, and he clings to that moroseness like a security blanket. For his depth of feeling and his intelligence, Johnny can't lose a spark that hasn't quite lit. A good friend I hope to have found, but there just isn't more.

And my heart is in another place.

Chris and I have come to terms...and we're closer than ever. I can't tell you what's going to happen a month, a year, five years from now, but what I can say is that for now, we love each other and that's enough. I'm doing what makes me happy and for the first time I'm not concerned with justifying myself to anybody else.

I'm through with damage control.

And I'm living...because I can.

No comments: