I don't feel like being intelligent or philosophical or whimsical right now. This isn't one of those posts. I'm tired. I'm grouchy. I feel as if my insides could come out at any moment, and as if I could easily rip the head off the first person to ask my how my day's going.
I walked into my adviser's office (heart Dr. Mc) and thought I was going to dissolve. That calculus class has been ruling my head for the last two days, if only because I didn't see a light at the end of the tunnel. And now, it's finally over. The drop form is sitting right next to me, and as of this afternoon I will be OUT of that damned forsaken class.
But that's only one hurdle.
Why do I stretch myself so thin? For some reason I get it into my head that I'm SuperGirl and that I can do positively any and everything that I'm interested in. Model UN? Sure! Exec Board? You got it! Student Democrats? Of course! Moot Court? They don't know who they're messing with! And I'm going to go home, and have a normal social life, and get a 4.0 GPA on top of it. Oh, and did I mention work? Or sleep? I'm not Wonder Woman, and I don't know what made me think I was.
Mid-semester break starts this afternoon, so at least Monday I won't have to worry about going to class. Thank God...but that doesn't mean that my plate won't be absolutely full of things to do. I have homework that's been piling up for at least a week, and more on top of it, plus cases to brief and countries to research and a presentation to start putting together...[headdesk]
I need my bright spot. And I need a quiet place.
And I need something to remind me that everything...something...that I'm doing here actually has meaning.
At the end of the day...what am I doing here?
Friday, October 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment